Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation Hadin Kai, have rescued 92 civilians abducted by Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists along the Buratai–Kamuya road in Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.

The operation, carried out on Saturday, also led to the recovery of eight vehicles and the safe detonation of three improvised explosive devices (IEDs) planted by fleeing insurgents.
According to a statement issued on Sunday by the Media Information Officer of the Headquarters, Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai, Sani Uba, troops from the 135 Special Forces Battalion at Dutse Kura detected the insurgents at about 11:22 a.m. while they were forcing civilians and vehicles off the road into nearby bush paths.
The statement said a Quick Reaction Force was immediately deployed, while reinforcements from the 27 Task Force Brigade Garrison were mobilised to support the rescue effort.
Troops reportedly engaged the insurgents in the Mangari-Dora area, forcing them to abandon the abducted victims and flee.

“All 92 kidnapped victims, comprising 52 males, 33 females and seven children, along with eight vehicles, were successfully recovered,” the statement said.
It added that the fleeing terrorists attempted to delay advancing troops by planting three IEDs along the Bula Zarma–Mangari axis, but the devices were detected and safely detonated by the Explosive Ordnance Disposal team.
The military further disclosed that follow-up operations were conducted in the surrounding areas, though the insurgents had already dispersed after abandoning the victims and vehicles.

No casualties were recorded among troops or recovered equipment during the operation.
The rescued civilians were later given medical attention and welfare support before being escorted to Damaturu to continue their journeys.
Operation Hadin Kai described the success as evidence of its operational capability and warned that continued attacks on civilians in the North-East would be met with decisive force.







