Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Features
  • News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Info-data
  • Beautiful Cities
  • Discoveries
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
Home News

NIGERIA: NRC Suspends Abuja–Kaduna Train Services After Derailment Injures Six

Babatunde Abdulraheem Lawal by Babatunde Abdulraheem Lawal
August 27, 2025
in News
0
NIGERIA: NRC Suspends Abuja–Kaduna Train Services After Derailment Injures Six
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has suspended train operations on the Abuja–Kaduna corridor following Tuesday’s derailment incident.

NRC Managing Director, Kayode Opeifa, confirmed the suspension while addressing journalists in Abuja, hours after the accident. He said technical staff of the corporation, alongside officials of the Nigeria Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) and other relevant agencies, were already on site investigating the cause of the derailment.

Related posts

Nigeria: Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu Among 32 Nominated as Ambassadors

Nigeria: Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu Among 32 Nominated as Ambassadors

November 29, 2025
Nigerian Military Repels Boko Haram Attack on Chibok Town, Kills Scores of Terrorists

Nigerian Military Repels Boko Haram Attack on Chibok Town, Kills Scores of Terrorists

November 29, 2025

Opeifa dismissed claims that the trains were in poor condition, adding that a refund process had been initiated for passengers on board the affected train. He disclosed that six passengers sustained minor injuries and had since received medical treatment, but noted that the exact number of passengers on board had not yet been determined.

The NSIB has also launched a probe into the derailment. Its Director of Public Affairs and Family Assistance, Bimbo Oladeji, said preliminary findings confirmed that no fatalities were recorded, though six people were injured. He explained that the Bureau had dispatched investigators to the scene to gather evidence and work with stakeholders in order to establish both the immediate and underlying causes of the accident.

NSIB Director General, Alex Badeh Jr., expressed sympathy for those affected and assured Nigerians that the Bureau was committed to ensuring safer rail transport through a transparent investigation. He said the findings would guide recommendations to prevent future occurrences, with regular updates to be provided as the inquiry progresses.

The derailment occurred along the Kaduna corridor shortly after the train left Abuja at about 11 a.m. Eyewitnesses described the aftermath as chaotic, with passengers scrambling to safety.

Tags: Abuja-kadunaNigeriaNRCTrain
Previous Post

TABLE TENNIS: Aruna Quadri Retains Africa’s No. 1 Spot Despite World Ranking Drop

Next Post

Jigawa Declares Public Holiday to Celebrate 34th Anniversary of State Creation

Next Post
Jigawa Declares Public Holiday to Celebrate 34th Anniversary of State Creation

Jigawa Declares Public Holiday to Celebrate 34th Anniversary of State Creation

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Nigeria’s Defence Minister Matawalle Orders Manhunt for Killers of Sokoto District Head

Nigeria’s Defence Minister Matawalle Orders Manhunt for Killers of Sokoto District Head

1 year ago
NIGERIA : Legacy FM Reinstates Acting GM Days After Suspension Over Governor Criticism

NIGERIA : Legacy FM Reinstates Acting GM Days After Suspension Over Governor Criticism

4 months ago
(VIDEO) Nigerians Lament on Social Media as MTN Bars Lines Again

(VIDEO) Nigerians Lament on Social Media as MTN Bars Lines Again

1 year ago
Breaking: Police Fire Teargas at Protesters in Abuja

Breaking: Police Fire Teargas at Protesters in Abuja

1 year ago

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Beautiful Cities
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Discoveries
  • Entertainment
  • Features
  • Info-Data
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Uncategorized
  • Weather

POPULAR NEWS

  • BREAKING: Shawwal 1446 AH Crescent Sighted in Nigeria, Sunday is Eid-el-Fitr

    BREAKING: Shawwal 1446 AH Crescent Sighted in Nigeria, Sunday is Eid-el-Fitr

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria: (VIDEO) Protesters Storm Lagos Assembly with Banners Reading ‘We Don’t Have a Place to Live’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria: (VIDEO) Popular ‘The New Masquerade Actress’ Ovularia Dies at 81

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Nominates Olufemi Elias as Candidate For World Court

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING: (VIDEO) INEC Declares APC’s Okpebholo Winner of Edo Governorship Election

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers

© 2023 AAN TV - All rights reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Features
  • News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Info-data
  • Beautiful Cities
  • Discoveries

© 2023 AAN TV - All rights reserved.