No fewer than 30 people have been killed and several others abducted following a midnight bandit attack on Dutsin Dan Ajiya village in Anka Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

Residents said the gunmen stormed the community around midnight on Thursday, operating until the early hours of Friday. The attackers reportedly arrived on motorcycles, blocked entry and exit routes, and began shooting indiscriminately before carrying out abductions.
“After blocking all the roads, the bandits started shooting at sight, and villagers ran helter-skelter. After the attack, we realised that 30 people were killed, some were wounded, while several others are missing and their whereabouts unknown,” a resident said.

The attack comes less than 48 hours after the Zamfara State Government unveiled newly acquired security equipment and surveillance drones aimed at strengthening the fight against insecurity. The hardware was presented by Governor Dauda Lawal alongside Nigeria’s Minister of Defence, Christopher Musa (retd).
Governor Lawal has directed the Deputy Governor, Mani Mumuni, to visit the affected community to sympathise with residents and convey condolences to the families of the victims.
As of the time of filing this report, police authorities had yet to issue an official statement on the incident.
Zamfara is among several North-West states grappling with banditry and violent attacks linked to armed groups competing over resources and territory. Other affected states include Kebbi State, Kaduna State, Sokoto State and Katsina State.
Earlier this week, dozens of people were reportedly killed in raids on seven villages in Kebbi State’s Arewa area. Police said armed men attacked communities in the Bui district, leaving scores dead and rustling cattle before security operatives were deployed to the scene.
Nigeria continues to battle widespread insecurity, including a prolonged insurgency in the North-East and persistent armed banditry in parts of the North-West and North-Central regions.








