Wednesday, August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Features
  • News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Info-data
  • Beautiful Cities
  • Discoveries
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
Home News

NIGERIA: Suspected Thugs Attack Governor Adeleke’s Convoy in Osogbo

Babatunde Abdulraheem Lawal by Babatunde Abdulraheem Lawal
August 19, 2026
in News, Uncategorized
0
NIGERIA: Suspected Thugs Attack Governor Adeleke’s Convoy in Osogbo
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke shortly after he visited the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

The incident reportedly triggered an exchange of gunfire between the suspected attackers and the governor’s security personnel, causing panic among residents and traders in the area.

Related posts

‘I Was Born in South Africa,’ Beauty Queen Says Amid Deportation Battle

‘I Was Born in South Africa,’ Beauty Queen Says Amid Deportation Battle

August 19, 2026
NIGERIA: President Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan New Head of Civil Service

NIGERIA: President Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan New Head of Civil Service

August 19, 2026

The shooting lasted for about 12 to 15 minutes shortly after Adeleke left the palace hall, where he had met with the monarch.

Adeleke had earlier visited the Osun State headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Osogbo to receive his Certificate of Return following his re-election. He subsequently proceeded to the Ataoja’s palace in a convoy of about 20 vehicles.

An eyewitness said the governor was received by the monarch, who reportedly offered prayers at the end of the meeting.

According to the eyewitness, Adeleke had already left the palace hall through an exit used by the monarch and his wives and was inside his vehicle with some aides when gunshots were heard.

The attackers were said to have arrived in an unregistered Sienna bus through the Ita Olokan area of Osogbo before opening fire.

The eyewitness said the governor’s security personnel responded to the attack, leading to a gun battle that lasted several minutes before the assailants fled the area.

A trader operating near the palace said the attackers may have been aware of the governor’s visit and had waited for his arrival.

She alleged that the assailants damaged the palace’s main gate and exchanged gunfire with security personnel before retreating towards Ita Olokan along the Osogbo-Ilesa Road.

The incident reportedly caused panic in the area, with traders and residents abandoning their businesses and seeking shelter as the shooting continued.

The Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, confirmed the attack. Alimi described the attackers as hoodlums and said the governor’s security personnel successfully repelled them.

“They are hoodlums, and the governor’s security repelled them. They attacked the governor’s convoy at Ataoja’s palace. No casualty,” he said.

As of about 4:45pm, sporadic gunshots were reportedly still being heard around the area, while some business owners had closed their shops and left the vicinity over fears of further violence. No casualty was reported in the incident.

Tags: Ademola AdelekeNigeriaOsogboThugs
Previous Post

Nigeria: (VIDEO) Adeleke Receives Certificate of Return, Unveils N500m Fund and Scholarships for Election Victims

Next Post

Nigerian Army Shifts Tactical Base to Mangu After Deadly Attack

Next Post
Nigerian Army Shifts Tactical Base to Mangu After Deadly Attack

Nigerian Army Shifts Tactical Base to Mangu After Deadly Attack

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Ghana Signs 6th Bilateral Debt Agreement with Germany

Ghana Signs 6th Bilateral Debt Agreement with Germany

9 months ago
Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder in Nigeria’s Sokoto State 

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder in Nigeria’s Sokoto State 

2 years ago
BREAKING: Ademola Lookman Fires Nigeria Into Afcon Semis

BREAKING: Ademola Lookman Fires Nigeria Into Afcon Semis

3 years ago
IMF Staff to Visit Kenya for Potential Support Program Talks

IMF Staff to Visit Kenya for Potential Support Program Talks

11 months ago

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Beautiful Cities
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Discoveries
  • Entertainment
  • Features
  • Info-Data
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Uncategorized
  • Weather

POPULAR NEWS

  • BREAKING: Shawwal 1446 AH Crescent Sighted in Nigeria, Sunday is Eid-el-Fitr

    BREAKING: Shawwal 1446 AH Crescent Sighted in Nigeria, Sunday is Eid-el-Fitr

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria: (VIDEO) Protesters Storm Lagos Assembly with Banners Reading ‘We Don’t Have a Place to Live’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria: (VIDEO) Popular ‘The New Masquerade Actress’ Ovularia Dies at 81

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Finding the Right Balance Between Product-Led Growth and Project Delivery – Ese Onogoro

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria High Commission in London Faces Backlash Over Use of Redeemed Churches for Passport Exercise

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers

© 2023 AAN TV - All rights reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Features
  • News
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Weather
  • Info-data
  • Beautiful Cities
  • Discoveries

© 2023 AAN TV - All rights reserved.