The Oyo State Police Command has dismissed reports that students, pupils, and teachers abducted in Orire Local Government Area have been released.
In a statement on Thursday, the Command said the victims remain in captivity and that security agencies are still working to secure their safe rescue and arrest those responsible.
The police described as false a rumour circulating that the abductees had been freed. It urged residents to remain calm, support the joint security operation, and verify information before sharing it.
“Members of the public are urged to remain calm, support the ongoing efforts of the joint security team, and verify every piece of information before sharing it,” the statement said.
The Command warned that the spread of fake news creates unnecessary panic, heightens tension, and diverts resources needed for the rescue operation.
It assured residents that verified updates would be communicated as developments occur. For clarification, the public can contact the Police Public Relations Officer or the Command’s control room on 08081768614, 09054133071, or the state emergency line 615.
The statement was signed by DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, Police Public Relations Officer for Oyo State.







